• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone buzz

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I'm getting a mic buzz on my narration when playing back in Premier Elements 2020. (I'm using a Fifine Technologies auxilliary mic.) I suspect it's an audio setting in Premier, but can't figure out what it is. Can anyone give me any guidance?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any setting in Premiere Elements or your operating system that would cause a buzz.

Is this microphone attached via USB or is it plugged into your computer's  microphone jack?

Also, what operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Steve...should have specified those. Window 10 (latest update). The mic is attached via a USB.

By the way (and this is off-topic, I know): can you explain what the NewBlue audio effects are? (That is, what is NewBlue?) I've tried Googling it, looking in my program files, and can't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NewBlue is one of the largest producers of special effects in the world. A number of NewBlue effects are included with Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So...any other ideas about why I'm getting the mic buzz?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the Windows Voice Recorder (already on your computer) or the free audio program Audacity and record with the microphone into one of them. Do you hear the buzz when you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Voice Recorder, there's no buzz at all. Does that point to my audio settings within Elements??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Steve...for some weird reason my last post got posted under my college account, even tho I signed in with my personal one. Just didn't want you to think someone was trying to impersonate me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know of no audio settings in Premiere Elements that would cause a buzz with a USB microphone. More likely there is some sort of conflict.

When you record with the microphone into Premiere Elements, do you mute your computer's audio? Try that and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines