• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing audio presets after reinstallation of Premiere Elements 12

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded & installed PE 12 on a new WIN 10 PC  as I had to upgrade from Win 7 PC. The program runs perfectly EXCEPT that the audio presets are not visible. When I click on the Audio tab at the bottom ( with music  note symbol) no audio files are to be seen in the pop up. I may add that other presets for Effect, Titles, etc are visible & working fine.I may also add that the Audio tab was working perfectly well in my earlier installation on the Win 7 PC.

Tried uninstalling & re-installing PE12 again. Same result. Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

I don't know how to confirm it, but I suspect that with version 12 being about 5 years old, the online audio files are no longer available.

In all versions of Premiere Elements, the audio track files have a limited selection.  Any music (that does not have copy protection) can be used using the exact same "Add Media" sequence as used for video files.  There are plenty of online resources for both paid and free audio tracks with appropriate licensing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to confirm it, but I suspect that with version 12 being about 5 years old, the online audio files are no longer available.

In all versions of Premiere Elements, the audio track files have a limited selection.  Any music (that does not have copy protection) can be used using the exact same "Add Media" sequence as used for video files.  There are plenty of online resources for both paid and free audio tracks with appropriate licensing.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Whsprague-  Many thanks for your quick response. Your reasoning seems most likely. Shall try other music sources as suggested. However, there is a related problem because of the absence of the audio presets.

When I open some of my earlier project files (.Prel) which had incorporated music from the audio presets library. a message is displayed that the particular music track has not been downloaded. Guess I have to live with this?

If I upgrade to latest version of PE, will I get back the earlier audio presets library or new presets  will appear ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI whsprague- I noticed another anomaly and any help would be greatly welcome.

On my first  installation of PE 12 on new Win 10 PC when I tried to open a project, the pop up box showed me all the earlier .Prel files that had been created in the old PC. I had copied the folder containing the relevant project assets from old to new PC & obviously the links were established in the new PC under PE12. However, I uninstalled the PE 12 & installed it again to see if the audio presets would appear, as mentioned in my first post. After this second installation, I could no longer see the list of earlier .Prel files in the pop up box.

Any suggestions about resolving this problem? Is there some way of manually pointing to the correct folder which contains the project assets?

I guess I can archive each project in old PC & keep it separately. However, I am curious to know why the .Prel files are not being displayed second time around! Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines