• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files in PE19, after crash.

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing a big job in PE19, but now my PC has collapsed.

When I try to open the project on another PC, I get messages that "files are not found."

I have a backup of the project and have put it down on the new PC - but it seems like I'm missing someone/something.

Where can I find the missing files?
Where do PE19 put the different files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project consists of a project file (.prel) and all of the media files (video, audio, music, stills) that are linked to the project file.

It sounds like you've moved the project file over to your new computer but none of the media files associated with it.

You'll need to have all of the audio files in your project -- and they'll need to be in a place on your new computer where you can re-link to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer 

Could you please tell me where the media-files are usually located (which folder)?

I have backup of all C-disk and D-disk (the Project-files are on the D-drive, but the media-files may be hidden?)

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are where you placed them.

Try doing a Windows search, perhaps for.jpeg if the photos are jpegs, or .mpg if the videos are mpegs, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK,

thank you!

Den 10.12.2018 21:24, skrev Peru Bob:

MISSING FILES IN PE19, AFTER CRASH.

created by Peru Bob in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines