• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mov files import as an audio file in Premiere Elements 2018 instead of video file

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

When I start a new project in Premiere Elements 2018 and add a new media (mov) file it is impored as an audio file instead of a video file.

The mov file is from an iPhone 7

It worked before .... does it have to do with a Windows 10 update maybe?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards, Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

I don't think it has to do with a Windows update. 

You might try a couple of things.  Install Quicktime on your computer.  It may be that your Apple phone needs Apple Quicktime codecs on you computer.  The other thing is to use the [free] MediaInfo program to view the structure of the file.  You can copy and past that information here.  You could also put a clip on DropBox and someone like me can see what it does in our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it has to do with a Windows update. 

You might try a couple of things.  Install Quicktime on your computer.  It may be that your Apple phone needs Apple Quicktime codecs on you computer.  The other thing is to use the [free] MediaInfo program to view the structure of the file.  You can copy and past that information here.  You could also put a clip on DropBox and someone like me can see what it does in our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much whsprague! Installing Quicktime solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonderful!  Thanks for posting your success. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines