Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move audio and video tracks from same file next to each other in track list

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment: Photoshop Elements 2019, Windows 10, 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 10th gen i7

After loading all assets in a project, I deleted a few empty tracks that remained, but was surprised (dismayed) that the paired audio and video track from each file were now separated to different locations in the track list; i.e., audio no longer followed it's matching video track. Very inconvenient.  How do I rearrange them so each audio track follows it's matching video track?

The project contains >20 videos each with its own audio track, several image graphics, and text tracks.

I'm creating a virtual music performance ala the "Brady Bunch" opening sequence and it would be helpful to change the stacking as I edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this question to the Premiere Elements forum (from Photoshop Elements).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oops, sorry about that.  I hope the solution to the question is as easy ;^)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen anything like this happen. The video and corresponding audio tracks  for your clips are always paired, the audio always right below its video. That's the only way video and audio will display in Premiere Elements.

Can you post a screen shot of your timeline so we can see what you're describing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

This is the first time I've seen this as well. I've attached two screenshots that hopefully illustrate what I'm seeing.  How I got to this state is unsure, but here's the rough sequence that led to this.

1. I started a project with a few more tracks than I thought I'd need. Honestly, I'm still learning about track order/precedence and I thought this would somehow help me later.
  2. After adding all the assets to the project and timeline, I used the "Delete Empty Tracks" options by right-clcking over the track list.
  3. After this, the matching audio and video tracks were separated as shown in the attached screenshots.

The first shows audio tracks with a matching blank video track above it. Not all audio tracks are like this. Some are standalone.

The second screenshot shows the separation of one matched video and audio track.

PremElem19 Screenshot 2021-04-05 0919.pngPremElem19 Screenshot 2021-04-05 0926 -annotated.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, at your option, separate the audio from the video.  Right click on an audio/video track and select Unlink.   Then you can select the audio separately and move it to any other audio track or position on that track.  I should be hard to do accidentally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill,

I didn't know about that option and agree, that is unlikely what happened in this case.  However, I thank you for pointing that out as it may be easier to move all audio tracks, one above the other, to align the waveforms. For a future project, that is.

I don't know the best approach to assemble these multi-video music projects, but I produce an audio mix of all individual player's parts in a separate application then use that as the master audio track in the PremElem19 project.  The audio attached to individual videos is not played directly in the final video, but used to visually align waveforms with the master audio track.  This ensures the individual videos are synched with the audio.  I have each player insert a loud audio cue at the beginning of thier recording to aid this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines