Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move multiple keyframes?

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it possible to move keyframes on multiple clips simultaneously?  For example, if I have video clips on four tracks, I'd like to be able to move a keyframe for all four at the same time, without having to do each one individually. My question is about movement either up/down in value or left/right on the timeline.

Thanks, Todd

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

You don't say which version of the program you're using so I can't get real specific.

But open the Applied Effects panel by clicking on the button along the right side of the program and then open the keyframe controller workspace for your effect. Drag around the keyframes you want to move to select and then either drag them to a new position or cut and paste them.

You can see me doing this about 4:30 into this tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say which version of the program you're using so I can't get real specific.

But open the Applied Effects panel by clicking on the button along the right side of the program and then open the keyframe controller workspace for your effect. Drag around the keyframes you want to move to select and then either drag them to a new position or cut and paste them.

You can see me doing this about 4:30 into this tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve. My bad, using PE2021, newest version. I understand the keyframe controller workspace in applied FX panel and cut/copy/paste for a single track. What I am wanting to do is move a keyframe on multiple clips (more specifically, one clip each on multiple tracks). Let me know if that is possible. I haven't found a way yet. If not, you have given me an idea that could speed more workflow a bit -- copy from one clip/track and then paste into the next and the next and so on... I'm producing virtual choir videos that are averaging 25 to 30 tracks per project and occasionally want the same keyframing in all tracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy a keyframed animation or effect from one clip to another by right-clicking on one clip on your timeline and selecting Copy, then selecting another clip or clips, right-clicking and selecting Paste Effects and Adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve. That's an awesome tool, but won't work for my need because it pastes everything from the copied clip. I just tried copying the specific keyframes I want (in this example, opacity), works fine, and is fast. I think I'll use this. I'm going to mark as correct answer your initial response. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines