• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving clips

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some audio in my song. I added a completely different video to another track. I also have several other tracks. I need to move the video track to the left to sync this new video track with my existing  main audio track. When I try to just drag it from the Left of the clip toward the left, nothing happens. I therefore just cut the clip, move my timeline marker a little to the left where I'd like it to start, and then hit paste. This process works well---BUT, other tracks are then moved simultaneously. I can't get this NOT to occur. I have even unlinked the audio with the video from this added video tract that I want to move. Then I pushed the audio from this new video track to the extreme right, and just try to cut and paste the video only. Again, when I do this, other tracks move and I end up unsynced in those tracks. How can I  just cut and paste on 1 track without it affecting other tracks?

Thanks.

LNovik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try holding down the Alt or Option key as you move your video clips. This will limit any ripple effect to the track you're actually moving the clip on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't have an option key, but I do see that holding down the  Alt key DOES isolate what I'm doing on that one clip. However, I seem to working for hours on the following related problem. I am trying to sync one track's 'audio only' with some video on another track. However, when I continued to move the video track 1 way or another to try to sync, I was getting nowhere. When I then zoomed out, I realized that I wasn't moving the clip anywhere, but just shortening (trimming) it!. I tried moving while holding down Cntl or Shift, but that did not help. Interestingly, I have been able to do it sometimes. Any ideas out there how to move a clip left or right and actually move the whole clip instead of just trmming it.

Thanks

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll only trim a clip if you're grabbing it by its end. If you click and drag on the clip any place other than its beginning or end, you will not trim it.

Just know that syncing audio to video is a very challenging thing to do. There is no way to make it easier -- other than finding a sync point, a place where there's a simultaneous audio and video cue that you can line up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow!. So simple--after you say it.

LNovik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines