Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving on to AAE and P Pro

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using adobe premiere elements for video editing since the beginning of the coronavirus epidemic for our organization. At this point, we are stepping up our production value and are going to be using a green screen for chroma key work. After some testing, I found the tool Keylight 1.2 in AAE is far superior to what is in AP Elements. That being said here is what I am looking to do:

General video editing and Audio editing (audio is just normalization and an occasional SFXs)

Chroma key work

Basic color and light grading (our camera is good but the operator isn't perfect (also me :P))

Syncing camera angles

Picture in picture work

Titles

I am wondering what the best way or combination of P Pro and AAE is to achieve this. Someone told me that AAE is really better for Chroma key, but I don't see any audio capability in AAE. 

Will a combination of the two programs be best for me? Will just AAE or P Pro work? 

Thanks for any help.

~Smith

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what operating system you're working on but that can make a difference in how Premiere Elements works with keying effects. Here is my tutorial in doing keying effects with Premiere Elements. I don't know that After Effects is far superior to Premiere Elements with this effect.

In any event, Premiere Elements and After Effects don't share an easy workflow, the way Premiere Pro and After Effects do. But Premiere Elements is certainly capable of keying effects, color correction and grading, picture in picture and titles.  It may well meet your needs. However, if you need more professional support, it would be better to work with the Creative Cloud suite of programs and leave Premiere Elements out of the mix completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of my covid projects has been learning Premiere Pro.  Other than the similar workflow of importing media, editing and exporting, there is little similarity.  But beware, the complexity of Pro is daunting.  

For audio, Pro connects to and can be linked to Adobe Audition.   For color grading and lighting, the Pro Lumetri color correction may be a legend in itself.   Pro has an incredible multi camera (camera angle syncing) tool.   To make the workload of multiple cameras fast and smooth there is an easy proxy creating and use system.  Titles, picture in picture and chroma key are there in Pro too.  

The final result of any video is the pleasure of watching it.  Both Elements and Pro can create excellent work.   It always is how well the creater knows their tools.   To get the full use of the connecting tools like Audition and After Effects, you will need the full subscription.  In two months you will spend the price of Elements!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines