• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mpg files have no sound in Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw an answer to this question for the 2015 version to change preferences to "no input" for sound but that did not work.  Does anyone have an answer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

This camcorder stores its audio as Dolby Digital AC3, a format that is no longer supported by Premiere Elements.

However, if you are running Windows 10, the operating system should still provide support for this audio format.

You can of course convert the video to a standard definition MP4 using the free download Handbrake. You shouldn't have to, based on what you've told me -- but it will resolve your issue.

Though Microsoft does provide this supplemental codec pack that will likely resolve the Do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that no media, no audio files, no music you load into your project plays any audio or that only this MPEG does not play audio?

What model of camcorder is this MPEG coming from and what is its resolution?

What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the mpg files from a SONY Handycam DCR-SR47 to my Windows10 PC. I can play the videos on my PC without any problems. When I bring them into PE 2018 I can see the Video but the Audio does not show up and when I play it in PE I see the video but the audio does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very old camcorder that shoots standard definition video. Premiere Elements should have no problems working with this video.

However, you still haven't answered a very important question.

Are you saying that no media, no audio files, no music you load into your project plays any audio or that only this MPEG does not play audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the MPEG does not play. The MP4 files from my phone work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camcorder stores its audio as Dolby Digital AC3, a format that is no longer supported by Premiere Elements.

However, if you are running Windows 10, the operating system should still provide support for this audio format.

You can of course convert the video to a standard definition MP4 using the free download Handbrake. You shouldn't have to, based on what you've told me -- but it will resolve your issue.

Though Microsoft does provide this supplemental codec pack that will likely resolve the Dolby Digital issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3010081/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-and-windows-10-...

BTW, are you using a European version of Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Handbrake. It works nice. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Handbrake was the solution

have a happy new year

Mike (England)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines