• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple problems with Adobe support and Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Elements 2018, I have an issue with 4k video clips freezing/lagging when I pull them down into my timeline. This problem just started occurring recently. I haven't changed any settings but a couple weeks ago it ran flawlessly and now this is happening. I've read multiple threads on here about how to fix this issue but none help. There is no orange or green bar above clip and when I press "render", the clip does nothing but starts to play the video. I have contacted Adobe Support a total of 5 times on the same issue (2 times over the phone, 3 times through chat). Each time the tech takes over through Remote Access, they update the drivers (which are already updated) and nothing seems to help. The last time the tech took my info and said he would look into it and contact me back. Nobody has contacted me back and I received an email saying the issue was resolved (which it is not). I'm really frustrated with Adobe right now. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Windows 10 (64 bit)

i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz     16 gig RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

500 GB - HP solid state drive (where Premiere Elements is installed)

1 TB Hard Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How full is the 1 TB hard drive?

Is that where your media is located?

Is it fragmented?

Are there other applications running in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually the ssd is 120GB (where PE is installed) 91.3GB used/27GB available. The hard drive has 721GB free, it has 0% fragmented and no other programs running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the 1 TB an internal 7200 RPM drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be that you need more RAM as your project gets larger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll get more today and try that. The thing is though, it does it on the first 30 second clip of a project. Also sometimes it will load the clip but wont play audio, or it will load the clip with odd colors like the basketball court will be pink and the players purple. It only does that every once ion a while and if I close the program and reopen it the colors will be fine. I thought maybe I should uninstall and reinstall the program but I don't want it to count as one of my downloads because i have other PC's in the house I want to install this on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chrisc91534453  wrote

sometimes it will load the clip but wont play audio, or it will load the clip with odd colors like the basketball court will be pink and the players purple.

That sounds like a video card issue.  Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the video card manufacturer's site.

chrisc91534453  wrote

I thought maybe I should uninstall and reinstall the program but I don't want it to count as one of my downloads because i have other PC's in the house I want to install this on.

Reinstalling on the same computer with the same hardware should not count as an additional active installation.

You may install on as many computers as you like, but may only be signed in on two computers at any one time and may not use both computers at the same time.

If necessary, you can use the chat option here and only ask to have your activations reset if you are unable to sign out on a computer, such as if it won't boot:

contact-bumper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines