• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Music clips will not play in Premiere Elements 14

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a series of videos that have standard opening and closing titles but with different content in the middle, like a series of short TV programmes. In order to reduce the amount of work involved in creating a series of programmes with many shared elements, so far I have been copying the project folder, saving the new programme under a new name and changing the video content. I dare say this is not the best way to do it but despite a lot of searching I have not found a better workflow. So far this approach has been working fine, but the last video I have been working on will not play the opening or closing music. This is music that is provided by Adobe - the music called "Corner Pocket". The clip is there in the timeline but it will not play. I have tried deleting the clip and creating it again, but still it will not play the music. The music channel is not muted, and the audio mixer shows the music level at 0dB, so I can't understand why it doesn't play. Do you have any suggestions on:

(1) the best workflow to create a series of programmes with standard opening and closing titles and music, and

(2) how to get the Adobe-provided music to play properly in my videos?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, I cannot preview this music clip in Premiere Elements either. I can preview and download other music clips In have not used before, so I am wondering if it is a problem with how the music is stored on my local drive (previously I could use this music clip when offline, presumably because I had downloaded it). This makes me wonder if I can clear the downloaded copy and download a new copy...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that the Scores clip will play in some copies of your project but not others?

When you open the Audio Mixer, do you see the audio for this clip registering sound even though don't hear it? (I'm assuming you hear other audio in your project.)

What happens if you delete the clip from your timeline and re-add a fresh one from Scores?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I hear the other audio in my project (from video clips) but not the music. If I choose another piece of Adobe-provided music (is this a Score? e.g. New York Night) then it works just fine, just not if I choose the one I like and have already downloaded. So as I say, I think maybe I need to clear the Corner Pocket download somehow and download a fresh copy?

I don't know if the Score clip will play in another project as I am very tight on HDD space and do not have another live project to try it on. I will try to clear some space so I can try this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"tight on HDD space" is always a bit dangerous, Ken. I never operate with less than 70 gigs of free space.

Video editing leaves a very big footprint. So, if you're starting to see strange behavior while editing and you've got less than say 40 gigs of space, you might just be choking on lack of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve, Thanks for your help so far.

I get that loads of free disk space is a Good Thing when video editing (and indeed generally), but would the lack of space explain why a previously downloaded Score clip won't play (even in the selection pane as a preview) and a fresh one will? It looks to me as though things like Score clips, transitions and so on are accessed on the web and only downloaded for local storage and use once they have been selected (this is supported by the fact that I could previously use the Corner Pocket score clip when offline, but none of the other Score clips).

If I delete the Corner Pocket clip from the timeline and add a new Corner Pocket clip, then I get no music. If I add a different one (say New York Night) then it plays just fine. But New York Night doesn't suit my video - I'd prefer Corner Pocket.

Sooooo, I suspect that the problem lies with the way that the downloaded Score file is being stored locally. So is there a way to wipe it from my local drive and download it afresh?

I'm reluctant to splash out on a new PC to increase the amount of HDD space I have (I can't upgrade it on its own), if I can solve the problem by refreshing the Score clip copy stored locally…(!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines