Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My i7-4930k from 2013 is 4th Generation

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements for v2021 says 6th generation or newer Intel CPU

Has anyone tried using PrE2021 with an Intel i7-4930k and does it really not work?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might work but you can test this yourself with the trial version for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... time to get out my system backup disc and then download the trial to see if it will install and run

I'll report back here is a couple days with a report (have a few things to do before installling a trial)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... finished what I was doing, made a full backup, and downloaded the installer (which seems to be a download "stub" since it was not large enough to contain the actual program... and install was slow enough that I'm 100% sure that the install process was running from an Adobe server)

So... install finished and I imported a sample video file... after creating temp files, the video plays on the timeline

Next (right now) I am 'burning' a no menu DVD which looks like it will take about an hour (ADDED - DVD write worked, and plays... has trial bar across the center, but I all I wanted to know was if the program would work)

So far, my 4th generation i7-4930k does seem to be working... and I don't have to build a new computer just for PrElements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More Info... my GTX760 was not used for hardware acceleration, since that function is not part of the trial version

GTX750 is in https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/gpu-acceleration.html so I'm thinking that if I buy the program, my card should work since it is in the same family

Looks like an early holiday gift may be coming my way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the card is not on the list it wont work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines