• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my imported video files and videoclips on the timeline are suddenly in slow motion without sound

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have been using Premiere Elements for a long time now, and I have succesfully edited videoclips with the program. Now I have a problem. I wanted to make a new video clip, so I imported some videofiles and a music file into premiere elements. When I put the files in the timeline, I noticed there was no sound and the clip was in slowmotion. When I clicked on the clip in the import section, it is the same thing. I opened an old premiere elements file with a complete filmclip that I made, and also that file suddenly only had slowmotion movie without any sound.

this cannot be because of the type of files I am using, because it also doesn't work anymore with videos that I previously made. also I checked for updates, and the program was completely up to date. does someone have any idea how this is possible en how to fix this problem? thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you've provided, any attempt to help would be guessing. 

What version are you using?

What is the source material?

What are the project settings?

What is the computer?

What is the operating system?

What is the available space on the disk drives?

What are your edits?

Can you post screenshot examples?

What has been changed on your system before the error occur?

Do you get any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere elements 15, with a HP computer and windows 10. Wheter I have done edits or not, that doesn't matter, the videos are all in slow motion without any sound. A screenshot would not help because you cannot hear sound on a screenshot plus it is about moving images. I dont get an error message. I didnt make any changes in the system. I already re-installed adobe premiere elements but that doesnt help either. the source material cannot be the problem because movies that I already succesfully made in the program, now suddenly have the same problem (music is mute, videos are mute and in slow motion). all my disk drives have plenty of space left, except for the recovery drive (E:) which has 0,99 GB left of the total of 11,6 GB. Does that provide you with enough information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Does that provide you with enough information?"  I don't mean to offend you.  But actually it doesn't. 

You've left out the project settings and details about the source media.  Screenshots do give an indication if there is a mismatch between media and project settings. 

What you describe is not normal at all.  Premiere Elements just does not usually work like you describe.  Somewhere there is a detail or two that has gone wrong.

This is a complete guess, but I suspect your project settings and media are not matched.  Other guesses will be about settings in the Preferences section.

Again, forgive me if my list of questions offended you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines