• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My timeline has gone crazy

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what happened but when I moved my timeine bar suddenly my entire timeline went gray.  as I move it around sometimes the timeline is re populated and some times it looks like it stutters with lines everywhere? Does any body have any idea what is going on please?Premiere Elements2019.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program do you have on what operating system?

Which processor do you have and which graphics card are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding,

Premiere Elements 2020 - Windows 10-  Just another note; I have 7 different Projects which are all part of a total project, 5 of them work and look fine, only two of them are doing this.  I am at a loss.  thank you so much for your assistance.system processor.jpggraphic card.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's unique about your problem projects?

Are they longer? Where did the source video come from?

I can't see well enough to see what type of graphic or video you're using. If it is a graphic, what format is that still graphic and what are its height and width measurements in pixels?

Did you originate these projects in version 2020 or in an earlier version of the program?

Have you gone to the nVidia site and ensured you have the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are all between 14 and 19 minutes long. Video is shot on a Canon Vixia HFR500 captured and transfered on SDHC 32 gb SanDiskUltra card.

The  graphics are all built from the text withing PE except for the one on Video track 3 (ICON Trk JPEG File 1.2 MB Image size 1956 x 1116.

Some of these projects originated in version 2018 but most of the work has been completed in 2020. projects 1,2,3,5 were all done the same way and they are fine.

The graphics drivers were checked in Jan. Here is what it looked like for a bit this morning, I call it studdering. then the other picture is after I just click around on the timeline, the timeline went blank, dark gray, then came up just like it should look.

I just rendered the last seconds as you can see it was orange on the top of the timeline. It rendered it then stared to play and it went dark gray again, even thought it is playing fine.playing after it rendered 2 seconds.playing after it rendered 2 seconds.

when I drug the mouse from the right to leftwhen I drug the mouse from the right to leftthen I just click on different spots around the timeline it went blank then came up like this.then I just click on different spots around the timeline it went blank then came up like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a clean install of your graphicscard driver.

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/158314/en-uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok will do it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann, I did get the latest driver for my nvidia graphics card. Still has some issuses,

Did you have achance to look at the other jpegs and info that I have posted here since the update?

Thanks for all your help, both you and Steve.

I just don't know what to do and I really need to get back to work, I' m at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the sizing tool in the upper right hand corner of time line to shrink the timeline all down to be able to see the entire timeline it does this. sometimes it more pieces of the project showing like the audio line is here, sometimes it just spreads it out to look like this but spread to 2 or 3 times the actual length. then if I click around it or reload the project it will come back right.after I click on the sizing tool, upper right cornerafter I click on the sizing tool, upper right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the updated driver. relaoded and opened project back up. No change.

Should I reload PE 2020? just asking, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened a new project and when I scrolled the mouse up and down it changed the bottom of the timeline to have multiple audio tracks underneath the original.  I seems to me, and I don't know zip about anything this deep, I just know how to edit videos, but it seems like the Timeline footprint is somehow conected to the actions of the mouse? it added more tracks on bottom but doesnt do anythingit added more tracks on bottom but doesnt do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-enstalled Premiere Elem 2020 and tried to reload the projects the same 2 are still messed up, they took about 3x as long to load, and this one with the picture shows another situation.  The actual project timeline is only about 24 min long, but when it loads it spreads out to over 54 minutes on the timeline. then it locks up.

this one the media is spread out far more than the actual timeline 24 min out to over 54this one the media is spread out far more than the actual timeline 24 min out to over 54

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what is going on. It could be unique to your machine. I've never seen anything like this.

I'd recommend you get on chat with Adobe Customer Care and see if they can help you solve it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve, I will do that. appreciate all you did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Adobe Support Community,

I did follow up with Steve_Grisetti's suggestion to connect with Adobe Custome Care @

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/contact.html?step=PRE_adobe-id-signing-in_stillNeedHelp

and The person who worked with me, did a remote into my computer.  After about i hour or so we came to the conclusion that the 2 projects I has questioning about had some courption in the timeline.  Don't know how or why,

But He helped me salvage them by using some of the auto saved files and I was able to render and resave.

Thank you for all the help. my case # was ADB-11847774-B8B6 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines