Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video footage has a dark shadow on it

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am fairly new to using Adobe Premiere 2018 and I have a recurring problem that started a few weeks ago.  I have searched online and cannot find an answer.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I frequently use footage that I've recorded with my GoPro Hero 5 or my iPhone 7 and have the same problem with both.  About 25% of the time while I am editing, my footage will appear dark.  It looks like I have clicked on something to "select" the video screen and do not know how to undo it.  Deleting the footage and reloading does not help, I literally have to close out of the program and start all over again.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing to cause this?  I am attaching a picture to show you what I'm talking about.  You can see how bright and colorful my image originally appears (in the "Project Assets" screen) when I upload it but look how dark it appears when I'm trying to edit it.

Thanks again,

Julie

AdobePremiere2018 darkscreen.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

What is the opacity of the clip?  It looks like it is less than 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the clip have transparancy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The orange bar suggest that you may have a mismatch between your project settings and your footage.  It also might suggest that an adjustment of some sort has been applied and a new preview be rendered.  What happens when you press the "Render" button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I press the render button it goes through the rendering process fine but leaves me with a dark video to export. 

I noticed you mentioned the orange bar.  I got into the program to check in to that and now it has a green bar.  Don't know if this is helpful or if it means anything.  I am attaching an image for you to see.

Thank you,

Julie

adobe2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put a white color matte under the logo: see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I created a white matte in Video 1 after moving my video to Video 2.  I hope that's what you meant. 

The image looks like this:

adobe3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it!  The opacity was at about 50%.  When I moved it up to 100% it cleaned it up and fixed my problem.  Thank you so much for your help.  I appreciate you all being so patient with me.

Thank you again!

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

That is what i asked in post 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

I didn't understand your suggestion to mean that.  I thought that you were asking if the clip was on a transparent background.

When you said to create a white matte, I then realized what you meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah maybe used the wrong word: transparency should be opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for my delay in responding.  I do not know the answer to your question.  I don't believe I have done anything to create a transparency.   I apologize if this is an uneducated sounding response but I searched the internet for more details of how I might better understand what your question means (so I wouldn't sound stupid in my response) and found no help.

I do know that occasionally, when first loading new GoPro footage, I have gotten a warning message stating something about a clip and transparency but cannot find that warning message to quote it for you now.  I know it said something to the effect of "This clip has a problem" and would you like to fix it but when I chose "yes" it changed the colors on the screen so dramatically I started answering "no" all the time. I am unsure if this may have something to do with the transparency you asked about and cannot replicate the warning at this time.

Thank you,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines