• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Videos look like an old VHS in the middle of rewinding.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started editing with adobe premiere elements 2020 recently.  I have attached a screenshot of my gopro footage.  I can't figure out why it looks the way it does and I haven't found any posts about this.  I record in 2.7k @ 60FPS on a GoPro Hero 7 Black.  I just found out that if I take and resize the footage, it'll come into focus perfectly fine, but the moment I render it, it stays at the new size while going back to the odd looking mess in the picture.  The footage exports fine and looks normal.  I have exported a few times and then just pulled the exported footage into a new project for editing.  I could do that every time, but that's wasting a lot of time just rendering and exporting when I could be editing.  Is there something I'm missing in the settings?

Thanks in advance,

-happybassist32

PremiereIssue.jpg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm moving this to the Premiere Elements forum where you are more likely to get some answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're only seeing this when you play the timeline and not when you output your movie, the first thing I'd recommend is going to the nVidia, AMD or Intel site and download the latest drivers for my graphics card. (Windows doesn't always do this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Earlier this month another owner of a GoPro posted screen shots that looked the same.   He sent me a sample clip via drop box so I could try it.  We determined that GoPro HEVC footage shot at 60 frames per second was beyond what either of us could make work.   Things to try are conversions with the (free) program Handbrake and different settings in the camera.  An online chat session with Adobe may also provide a solution.  My untested theory is that there are no project settings for the high frame rate H.265 codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines