Highlighted

narration record stops after 1 to 5 seconds...How to fix?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 18 and have used  earlier PE a lot but never had this problem.  I start to record narration and it either immediately stops or does so between 1 and 5 seconds later.  I have a new HP Pavilion computer with 250+ GB free.

Thanks for any help.....Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

narration record stops after 1 to 5 seconds...How to fix?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 18 and have used  earlier PE a lot but never had this problem.  I start to record narration and it either immediately stops or does so between 1 and 5 seconds later.  I have a new HP Pavilion computer with 250+ GB free.

Thanks for any help.....Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 03, 2019 0
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Make sure that your microphone is accessible to the narration. You will be prompted by a request to access your mic, and be sure that the mic you're using is selected by your PC as the correct one. With narration, you can have one or more other clips or none at all on the same timeline sector as the narration as illustrated:

Narration.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes....mic is confirmed under audio preferences.  I have reinstalled the program and at first it was OK, then minutes later went back to the narration stop after just a second or three.   Also, the time line play button will not play for long...only a second or so.   It seems like I am the only one with this problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes....mic is confirmed under audio preferences.  I have reinstalled the program and at first it was OK, then minutes later went back to the narration stop after just a second or three.   Also, the time line play button will not play for long...only a second or so.   It seems like I am the only one with this problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2019 0