• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

narration record stops after 1 to 5 seconds...How to fix?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 18 and have used  earlier PE a lot but never had this problem.  I start to record narration and it either immediately stops or does so between 1 and 5 seconds later.  I have a new HP Pavilion computer with 250+ GB free.

Thanks for any help.....Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,

Make sure that your microphone is accessible to the narration. You will be prompted by a request to access your mic, and be sure that the mic you're using is selected by your PC as the correct one. With narration, you can have one or more other clips or none at all on the same timeline sector as the narration as illustrated:

Narration.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes....mic is confirmed under audio preferences.  I have reinstalled the program and at first it was OK, then minutes later went back to the narration stop after just a second or three.   Also, the time line play button will not play for long...only a second or so.   It seems like I am the only one with this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes....mic is confirmed under audio preferences.  I have reinstalled the program and at first it was OK, then minutes later went back to the narration stop after just a second or three.   Also, the time line play button will not play for long...only a second or so.   It seems like I am the only one with this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the problem of narration recording stopping after about 5 seconds. It looks to be a common problem and a real headache to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that by checking and unchecking "mute audio while recording" that this quirk was fixed. Even closing out and re -starting Premiere did not help. If this fix does not continue to work, I'll let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution does not always work. I have had this recording problem with other versions of Premiere too. Another thing to try is to go on down the timeline away from your previous clip and try recording there and then move the audio clip where you want it. As a last resort, when I am making a video, is to record using Windows sound recorder and using that recording. I hope Adobe fixes this with an update because sometimes you cannot stop the recording. Many glitches. I have been using Adobe Premiere for 20 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thing that needs to be fixed is that there are loud "pops" and the end of each audio clip narration  and the clip has to be trimmec/cut to eliminate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thing. There can be "remnants" of clips , both audio and video , that are so small they are hard to see. Expand and strech out your timeline so as to see these segments and eliminate these . They will stop your recording  and must be cleared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, perhaps you can check if you have set the mark in and out region? The narration will end at the mark out time. Hope that solves the problem. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem with narrator stopping after 30 seconds on premiere elements 10. To remedy this I would load in a video first then for some reason this would allow narriation to record far beyond the 30 second limit it initially allowed me without a video. In other words it appears to me and im no expert, in my system it wants a video in there to record more than 29 seconds in Premiere Elements 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this helps others: I had the same issue and the problem for me was that I had my Bluetooth earphones connected to my computer at the same time that I had my wired headphones connected to the mic (for voice monitoring). As soon as I disconnected the Bluetooth earphones, everything went back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have Premier Elements 2024 and have been using this software since version 2018. this narration stopping issue has been prevelant in several different PC's, OS and app versions. I get about 5 second blips and have to start over, again, again, again and again... so lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you record on the timeline, underneath a photo, for example, it helps
to "stretch out" the photo as long as your recording/narration. This has
worked for me . Also, be sure to expand the timeline fully to see if there
are any "fragments" of a photo or of narration in the way that can stop the
recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines