• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help withthi issue: default timeline playback is somewhat accelerated and sound too - discursiv

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit I m a beginner. Just trying to understand and learn basics  of Adobe Premiere Elements.

I ve got foll issue: when adding a video file during editing process speed of frames and also sound seems to be highly accelerated compared that of original video file. Speech is overly speedup so do sounds. I admit it must be a kind a setting issue since - orig file is OK. I m trying to find out how to re set up, however I cannot find any way to do so. I couls also not find how to reset Premiere Elements settings to default.  Cannot proceed editiing on that way. Could anyone HELP me please how to make this work properly? Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Feature request , Performance , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "normal" way is to start a project and add some media.  Then pick a primary clip to be the first on the timeline.  Premiere Element will than match it with the right project settings.  Once started, you can't change project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks VHSPRAGUE! In fact in still stuck in this issue: when importing ANY type of video media - during editing process it is speeded up bioth by frame and sound wise. It is more than awkward to continue editing on that way although when exported the normal real speed is rendered. Nevertheless if I cannot find the way how to reset to default I will have to take another software instead of Premiere Elements I m afraid. Again - I m just a newcomer - and main goal is to get things done - this or that way.  Should anyone being PRO with this software close to you have some proposal I would be pleased. AGain: MANY THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime, since you're a self-described novice, you may want to go through my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials for Premiere Elements. It might well help you resolve some of your most basic issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG18DktkToI

Starting a new project in Premiere Elements. For more information, see "The Muvipix.com Guide to Adobe Premiere Elements 2020" available on Amazon.com or visit http://Muvipix.com/pe2020.php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nevertheless if I cannot find the way how to reset to default"

(Steve's course is good!)

Normally, you don't worry about the default.  The project settings are created for you when you put your first clip on the timeline.  Pick a "typical" or "important" clip.  

There is a way to override that.  When you start a new project you can pick setting from a list and then check the box to force Premiere Elements to use the setting you picked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you VHSPrague. In fact my guess was right to resolve the issue: I had to "de setup"  (delete) from my PC and with re setup it is going on "normal" speed of frames - and sound. Although I have to admit your way ( starting with a new project) did NOT help to regain orig settings. Anyway if I may kindly ask would you please clear up how you mean this: "When you start a new project you can pick setting from a list and then check the box to force Premiere Elements to use the setting you picked. "  I mean where is exactly the list to check the box to use orig settings. Many thanks for your time and assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines