• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New install of Premier Elements 2018 No Sound in any clips

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2018 over an old copy of 2013 Premier Elements. In Quick mode there is no audio field shown in the timeline.  In Expert mode two different Audio fields appear, but in neither quick nor expert mode is any sound imported from the clip.  Running Windows 7 Professional, and working with AVCHD files stored to my hard drive (imported from a Canon camcorder).  Is there a workaround for the Dolby issue?  My Canon won't let me turn Dolby off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

This subject has repeated since October when 2018 came out.  There is no easy solution.  You can upgrade to Windows 10, shoot in some format besides AVCHD or try using a converter like Handbrake.  A frequent suggestion is to find a copy of version 15 on eBay or elsewhere.

Note that this was a corporate decision that assumes Adobe customers are using current operating systems and the support for the Dolby audio codec should come from Windows. 

If you bought from Adobe, there is a limited refund p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This subject has repeated since October when 2018 came out.  There is no easy solution.  You can upgrade to Windows 10, shoot in some format besides AVCHD or try using a converter like Handbrake.  A frequent suggestion is to find a copy of version 15 on eBay or elsewhere.

Note that this was a corporate decision that assumes Adobe customers are using current operating systems and the support for the Dolby audio codec should come from Windows. 

If you bought from Adobe, there is a limited refund period.  I don't know about retailer policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Handbrake app was the solution given to me in a chat session with Adobe.  Currently going through a 3 hr batch render that converts Dolby to stereo...which is an acceptable format for the sound that I am using.  The real indignity is that I was FORCED to upgrade from Elements 13 (which was working fine) to Premier Elements 2018. We are a non-profit who purchased the Elements programs through a license that expires after 5 years. Still waiting to see if this workaround will solve the problem.  I really think this obvious issue should be better documented...in the FAQ's.  I had to work too hard to find this issue which is obviously a known issue to Adobe.

Thank You! for the reply and help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines