• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New project - Default project settings on Premiere Elements 2020

Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New projects keep defaulting to an interlaced setting (yuck), so I keep changing it back to 720p (PAL) as I'm using footage from my old camera. Adobe doesn't seem to want to remember it when I do a the next new project.

Is there any way I can change the defaults, or at least remember the last setting?

Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

You cannot change the default setting.

Just make a new project and drag a clip into the timeline.

Project settings will automaticly be set to that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you setting up the project manually or are you creating automatic setting from your first clip or image?  I think there is a 'work-around', but based on your recent posts, it probably won't meet your expectations. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File - New - Project (on top menu).

I set it all up from there (I choose my project settings).

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot change the default setting.

Just make a new project and drag a clip into the timeline.

Project settings will automaticly be set to that clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wow, so nope ! Another feature request I'll send to Adobe then.

Thanks for the tip 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another topic a week or so ago you asked the same question and I gave you an easy work around.  Would you like me to repeat it here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only thread I asked this queation. You did post earlier (similar kind of post to your last), I did respond and heard nothing back. Please rereview this thread. I suspect you think you responded but didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anything is possible....

My workflow includes a project template and folder template.  The folder uses Windows explorer to set up a file structure on an SSD with sub folder for various assets.  I put copies of media in those folders.  Anything will work, but Lightroom is very good at managing assest and has the tools to put the media in there. 

The Premiere Elements has all the project settings, scratch disk settings and other personal preferences.  To start a new project I open the empty template and do a "Save as" to the new project folder with a new project name.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines