• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie confusion over NTSC setting appearing

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a newbie, and using Premiere Elements I can create a useful HD mp4 .H264  using the computer or TV template settings.

I thought I would next try and create a Blu-Ray mp4.

So, if I select Export and Share, Custom, the preset that shows is 'Copy of Video preset File NTSC' even though my Country/ region is set to UK. If I change the format to AVI with a CUSTOM preset the Video codec that appears is DV NTSC.
I know I can change it to DV PAL, in the drop down box but I am concerned in case there is some setting other than Country Preferences which is causing the NTSC settings to appear. I really wanted a 'standard UK 'PAL?' result.
What do I check or look for please if I need to change the setting to PAL and not NTSC ?

I am a newbie and I apologise if I am missing something obvious, but I am  concerned as there is a second example:

If I click on Advanced Settings there and chose Custom, H264, Blu-Ray I am able to select 1920x1080 at 29.97 fps which I hope is the UK PAL version. I say hope, because if I select the 720x480 dimension for Basic Video Setting , the aspect setting shows as D1/DV NTSC (0.9091)

My goal in the end is to produce a short DVD and Blu-Ray (to play in the UK) in high quality.
This has come to light while searching for a solution to playing them on PowerDVD 18 because the audio shows up as 'Unsupported Format', and I wondered whether there was a country issue.

I'd appreciate any help to get me going, rather than going round and round in my mind..  🙂

Thanks in anticipation.
Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Premiere Elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I am using Premiere Elements 15.0 (20160905.daily.1036636)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're trying to create a DVD or BluRay, who are you choosing the Computer/Custom setting? Shouldn't you be using one of the options under the Export & Share/Disc tab?

Or are you trying to create an intermediary file from Premiere Elements to port over to PowerDVD for authoring? It's not clear what you're trying to do exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines