• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newly rendered/exported video GONE - FRUSTRATED

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 3 hour video, and with my slow i5 processor, it took about 5-6 hours to render/export. When it finished, it said the normal "Done!"

I closed out of the program, and went to File Explorer to see the video. I see the video as an MP4 file. It is only 24 bytes and when I try opening it in the Photos app, it says the file name and then "We can't open this file."

I tried opening in VLC Media Player too, but it doesn't show anything there.

I know it's not hard to render it again, but it uses up a huge portion of the day, and I feel like it's too much load on my poor laptop for too long.

Any possible solution to reviving this video without having to render it again?

If there's no solution, then can Adobe PLEASE look into this. It's exremely frustrating to be super excited to watch your new video but to find it non-existent once it's "ready."

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Export & Share settings are you using? What operating system do you have? Are you saving this file to your C drive or to a second or external drive?

When troubleshooting, it's probably a good idea to do some test with a shorter, maybe 5-10 minute video, to make sure all is well before jumping into a massive 30+ gigabyte epic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting through the Devices, then Computer tab, in 1080p, with the Quality set to the middle. I have Windows 10. It is saving to the C drive. However, I only have 47GB left on this drive. When exporting, Adobe said the file would be only 19GB, so I was assuming it would work.

I did try it with a smaller video, and that worked fine. It seems like a storage issue, then?

P.S. I am ChickenKidYT, just on a different account, I didn't know I already made that account, so then I made 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say that's pretty likely it. 

As I've said, 3 hours of video is a lot of video. I could be that 47 gigs of fragmented space just isn't enough workspace for the program to create such a huge file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah okay, thank you for your help! I shall get more storage then..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines