• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio Display or Sound - Premiere Elements 2021

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Premiere Elements 2021 on 12/1 and although I can import files (seems slow)-audio track is showing "blank" even though the clip has audio. When played there is no sound. 

Background and trouble shooting so far. Ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.  

-Using a 3 month old Dell XPS Workstation, Windows 10 OS, operating system and drivers up to date.

-Until I "upgraded" was using Premiere Elements 2018 (still have it installed on the workstation)

-Verified video clips (tested several) work in Premiere Elements 2018 with no problem. Can edit - there is audio - and the audio is displayed - all good. After editing can export.

-Here is one of the same video clips in PE 2021 - shows no audio on the video clip.   

Adobe_Problem_Clip.png

-In Premiere Elements 2021 changed the Audio Hardware Input default to none (originally the app. picked up the Yeti mic that was attached but the audio section was showing no audio). Closed and tried again. No luck.

-Removed the check for the Hardware Accelerator Option under Audio - Closed and tried again. No luck. Added the check back.

Since my video clips works in PE 2018 and PE 2018 shows the audio track with the audio so that I can edit it and the clips work with other video players, something is not set up right with PR 2021. I just can't figure it out. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks for your help`.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your video clip in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of that report and paste it to this forum. This complete report on your clip will give us information that may help us figure out what is going on.

BTW, what operating system are you using? What device recorded this clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Steve doesn't lead you to a proper fix, you can start a troubleshooting session with Adobe at:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

You can do it from within 2021 on the Help menu.  Choose "Online Support".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with VOB-files (ex.DVD) in Prem.Elements 2019, operating in Windows 10.  If I do the same import on my second computer (Prem.Elements 12, operating in Windows 7), everything is going well. Perhaps worth to mention : in Prem.Elements 2019, when the imported VOB-file on the timeline, I removed the video file from the timeline. Then rightclick the audio file / edit / edit original /  As a result, a small window appears in the top left corner of the screen, with the text "opening media", and then the audio starts to play... But I cannot find a method to move this audio then to the audio on the timeline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! I hate to go back to the 2018 version and there needs to be a
solution some place.

--

Laura (Dallas) Burford

Laura’s Consulting Guide

610-429-3122 (office)

www.linkedin.com/in/lauradallasburford

*Is NOW the time to invest in you? *

*The Consulting Jumpstart Blueprint*

Click to schedule a time to discuss a free consultative session

*Looking for Quick Consulting Tips*

*Watch Consulting Insight Videos*

Click to Subscribe to My YouTube Channel

*Wondering what is happening?*

Follow on Laura's Consulting Guide on Facebook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines