• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio during editing - Premiere Elements 2019

Participant ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did a major upgrade of my computer,  PC, Windows 10 Home,  and now I get no audio when I'm trying to edit a video.  The Audio is on the clip and plays fine when I play it in any player, and if I render the video and then play it back it is there just fine.  It is only during editing that I can't hear it.  The audio track shows under the video track.  It really is there, but just doesn't play during editing.  Of course cuts are often made based on the audio track.  How can I get this back and working?  Thanks for reading this and for any help you can offer. 

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

After posting I found someone else had the same problem and I learned how to fix it by changing the preferences.  Somehow they got set differently in the computer upgrade process.  All is well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After posting I found someone else had the same problem and I learned how to fix it by changing the preferences.  Somehow they got set differently in the computer upgrade process.  All is well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"learned how to fix it by changing the preferences."   

Was it the Audio Hardware preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution does not work for me at all.  I've tried setting the input to 'no input', uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and still does not work.  I can hear the audion well in other apps such as VLC or Windos media player, but not in PE19.  Are there any other solutions to try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps putting the video in another video program (such as a free downloadable one), saving the audio (or both audio and video), then putting the audio or newly saved video into Premiere Elements would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the person that had first posted had seen the audio.  Perhaps what I had posted would not work for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 36 hours of digging, I found a solution to the problem of no audio in PE19.  If you tried the 'No Input' solution and still have a problem, it's maybe because you have NDI installed.  I  have NDI 4 Tools installed on my PC and through my searching I realized that there is some issue with Newtek NDI tools and Premiere Pro. So I wondered if this same problem was affecting PE.  I uninstalled NDI 4 Tools, but the audio problem in PE persisted. I then noticed that when PE loads, it also loads these plugins and there were 2 Newtek plugins being loaded.  I found these 2 plug ins in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore and removed them.  I restarted PE and the audio came back.  I reinstalled the NDI tools without the Adobe plugins and all still works.  Hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem, except i can hear the audio but its about 2-3 seconds lag time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! I don't know how you figured this out but it solved my problem and I am very  grateful for the time you spent resolving this.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines