• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio in Elements 2019

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a video file into elements 2019 I have no audio to go with it. When I move the clip to the timeline and expand the audio it shows no ‘sound waves’ – it’s almost like the audio wasn’t imported along with the video. I know the orignal file has audio. I have already checked the video isn’t muted, updated my sound card, and made sure that in the audio hardware tab the default output is set to my speakers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:

MediaInfo 

It may be an unsupported file and may need to be transcoded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSVarfrhr1M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without Reservation screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screenshot. I also ran the file through the handbrake program - nothing changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cam you try changing your Default Audio Input to "None".   If that doesn't do it, what are the other choices you computer gives you for Audio Hardware Input and Output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea why but after opening the program again for about the 30th time to try something different it worked as it's supposed to without me adjusting anything. So my issue for now is solved but would still appreciate input incase this happens again in the future. I did look at the hardware options and the only option available to me are my speakers - i don't even have a 'none' setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe a Windows update fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines