• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio in premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a critical project, and suddenly and for no apparent reason, I lose audio. I can see the meters moving, but no sound. This has been an intermittent problem that seems to have become permanent. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64-bit HP PC. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 2018. HOW DO I GET AUDIO BACK? If I don't get an answer soon, I must revert to Corel Video Studio Pro just so I can get a presentation for my board of directors by their Aug 25 meeting.

Solo is not any help.
Thanks,

Tom

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Can it be your operating system?  On my computer the Windows 10 audio will sometimes randomly mute.

Within Premiere Elements' Preference section there are some audio hardware choices.  Try changing them.  Each machine is different.  On my machine, sometimes they get changed by something within Windows and I have to change it back. 

Another issue can be Dolby Audio in AVCHD files.  What format and what camera is the troublesome footage coming from?

A last option is to initiate a customer support ch

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be your operating system?  On my computer the Windows 10 audio will sometimes randomly mute.

Within Premiere Elements' Preference section there are some audio hardware choices.  Try changing them.  Each machine is different.  On my machine, sometimes they get changed by something within Windows and I have to change it back. 

Another issue can be Dolby Audio in AVCHD files.  What format and what camera is the troublesome footage coming from?

A last option is to initiate a customer support chat option here:  Contact Customer Care  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Changing audio hardware choices under preferences seems to work  in Windows 7. It said my Logitech wireless headset (my preferred choice to edit) was not working, but it offered me another choice for Logitech wireless head set, so I chose that. I got sound! ... out of my computer’s built in speakers. Hm. I chose my computer's speakers as the default hardware – and got sound in my headset.

My takeaway is to ignore the name of the audio hardware device and just choose the device that works, regardless of the name. The same might go for the microphone, but in this case, choosing my wireless microphone made my wireless microphone work. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Changing audio hardware choices under preferences seems to work in Windows 7. It said my Logitech wireless headset (my preferred choice to edit) was not working, but it offered me another choice for Logitech wireless head set, so I chose that. I got sound! ... out of my computer’s built in speakers. Hm. I chose my computer’s speakers as the default hardware – and got sound in my headset.

My takeaway is to ignore the name of the audio hardware device and just choose the device that works, regardless of the name. The same might go for the microphone, but in this case, choosing my wireless microphone made my wireless microphone work. Go figure.

Thank you again for your quick and clear answer. I was really stressed out.

This information really should be in the Adobe documentation troubleshooting section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2018 Aug 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to hear you got it working.  Good luck on your critical project for your board!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines