• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio on Some MP4 Clips When Adding to Timeline

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've moved from 2018 Premiere Elements on my Windows laptop to the 2020 version on my Macbook, I've been having issues when adding some GoPro videos to my timeline. I can add several clips with no issues, but many times there will be one that has no sound at all. The only thing that I noticed is that there is no waveform for the clip, but not sure why.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 1.05.34 PM.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the videos shot at the same time, with the same camera and with the same settings?   There were some changes with all of Adobe products on how they deal with AC-3 ('Dolby') audio files.  But, if the camera settings were the same, something it going on that might be hard to figure out.  Can you cut and past the tree view from MediaInfo to help compare differences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, nothing was changed between the two files and they were both shot at the same time with my GoPro. In fact, the only reason there are two files is because GoPro splits it after something like 17 minutes. One thing that I forgot to mention in the first post is that if I click on the original video file, the audio works. It's just when adding it to the timeline, it disappears. Anyway, below are the mediainfo details of both.

This is the file where the audio is good.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.49.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.49.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.50.03 PM.png

This is the file that I'm having issues with.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.54.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.54.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.54.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seemed to have fixed the issue. After reading another thread with a somewhat similar issue, I ran the file through HandBrake and everything works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad that running through Handbrake got it going.  It remains an unsolved dilemma.  I compared the audio sections of the two MediaInfo reports and can't see a difference.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines