• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Audio - Premiere Elements 15 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my Windows 10 machine and Premiere Elements 15 at the same time and they've been working fine UNTIL...

The big Windows update about a month or so ago and suddenly I cannot play sound within my Premiere Elements program.

Important notes:

1. The audios play fine using Audacity and I've exported my sound file as an mp3 and as two different versions of .wav but no version now produces sound within Premiere Elements.
  2. I've opened previous Premiere Elements projects that had worked just fine before the update but they also do not produce sound within the program.
  3. Yet when I export the video (.MP4 format) the sound is just fine. So I can edit a video with a soundtrack that cannot be heard during the editing but once exported into the final format it sounds just fine.

Since the problem arose immediately after the update I am thinking the issue is with the update. Is there something I need to reconfigure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BassoraMo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Your audio preferences have become reset. This can happen when you, say, plug a USB microphone into your computer.

Go to Premiere Elements' preferences (under the program's Edit menu) and, on the Audio Hardware page, play with some of the output and even input settings.

Your audio is there. The program just isn't currently playing it through your speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your audio preferences have become reset. This can happen when you, say, plug a USB microphone into your computer.

Go to Premiere Elements' preferences (under the program's Edit menu) and, on the Audio Hardware page, play with some of the output and even input settings.

Your audio is there. The program just isn't currently playing it through your speakers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now working.

Actually went to Preferences / Audio Hardware / Settings / Communications and checked "Do nothing'.

For some reason, under Communications, Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80% was checked.

Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds good! I am glad you got it working.

Let us know if you have any other question. We'll be happy to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I agree with @Steve Grisetti. Sometimes, we do not hear the audio because the output device selected in the Audio Hardware Preferences is incorrect. Did you try to make the change as suggested?

Also, I would recommend you to check multiple projects and media files.

Let us know if any change happens.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines