• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No audio with Premiere Elements .prel files

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Creator's Update was recently installed on my computer.  Before the update, Premiere Elements was working fine.  After the update, the audio on all my project files (.prel) does not come through the speakers.  The audio track is shown on the timeline, but no sound is heard.  This occurs for all .prel files both previously created or newly created since the update.  For all other video files (e.g., mpg, mp4, etc.), the audio comes through normally.  Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a solution?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Great news, Charles! Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be relevant which version of Premiere Elements you're using.

But, in any event, go to the Preferences (under the Edit menu) and, on the Audio Hardware page, try changing the settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggestion worked!  On the Audio Hardware page, I toggled the "Default Output" to another option and back to the original setting.  Now the audio in the .prel files is working as it should.  By the way, I'm using Premiere Elements 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great news, Charles! Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines