• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Bluray in Premiere Elements 2020

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I bought Premiere Elements 2020 and made a very bad experience: No chance to produce Blu-ray discs anymore!!! That is a real worst case scenario for me and the software is not usable for me. That is extremely annoying. Fortunately I bought a full version and not an update, so I still have my Elements 14 with which I can produce Blu-ray discs without problems. However,

Adobe is dead for me, I'll never buy a software from them again and I don't use any other Adobe programs anymore. Bye bye Adobe, keep your scrap yourself!

[title edited by mod for clarity]

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought directly from Adobe via download you have a time window to get a full refund.  

From my point of view I see Blu-Ray and DVD going down the same path as VHS, Beta, 8-Track and cassette players.  How long do you think it will last?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague,

thank you for your message. Unfortunately I bought it via Amazon a DVD an not as download. The Amazon price for both Premiere and Photoshop Elements was 30 % lower than the Adobe price. Nevertheless I'll keep it and use the Photoshop softare on two computers. In general I realized over the years that the Elements software was getting worse and worse from version to version in my opinion, but it is still the best under all products I used over the years. I'm sure you're right concerning the future of Blu-ray, but this is the development of everthing in the world. The reason why I use Blu-ray is that my videos mostly have a data volume of more than 15-20 GB, so I need at least an ISO file, which I can burn on a Blu-ray or play the file directly on a PC with the accordding software. 

Kind regards

Jo_R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whsprague,  each year I produce a bluray of all my families videos. It is edited to have all the best clips of the year. Having chapters is very helpful, but also watching it straight through is also desireable sometimes.  The quality of the bluray is superior to any of the default export presets in Premiere.

What do you suggest for a high quality blu-ray like experience without the blueray?  A folder full of video clips exported with a custom preset? One huge video file (without chapters?).  I honestly would love the answer because I enjoy upgrading to newer versions of Premiere. I recently got a GoPro and I know 2020 would handle the video files better  than Premeire Elements 14 (which I have to preconvert some of them with Handbrake).  My family just loves the Bluray experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still make disks even put old D8 footage on bluray.

Dont make DVD anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, Premiere Elements 14 is the last version to support burning bluerays - and the reason I still use it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines