• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Burner Installed error

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as over 20 other community posts--- I try to burn the project to a DVD choosing disc option, and Premier Elements refuses because "no burners installed."   I am running Windows 10 (64 bit) with Premier Elements 2020 instealled. 

I understand there may be a two or three step workaround --- which is to save as an ISO and then use a different program to burn to the DVD. Does this process not significantly sacrifice quality compared to other exports? 

Dell has no drivers special drivers for the factory DVD burner in my computer.  I also have a second, newer Plextor DVD burner recently installed.  There are no "drivers" for this optical drive. Premier Elements 2020 says "no burners installed" ALTHOUGH MY COMPUTER detects the DVD drives. Even the "burn to ISO solution"  recommends different software, which then detects and uses the "installed" DVD drives. The "driver" used is the standard Microsoft Windows driver.  

So...if other programs detect and use the DVD drives using the windows driver, what is wrong with Premier Elements?  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your question is, "if other programs detect and use the DVD drives using the windows driver, what is wrong with Premier Elements?", I'm not sure we can be of much help here on a user-to-user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines