• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No live commentary in premiere elements 14

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have recorded a few videos on an elgato hd60 and when i put my clips into adobe premiere elements 14 there is no live commentary. Only game audio. But when I play it on anything else, my commentary is there. Can anyone help me out pls?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software for recording screen video often uses non-standard codecs and compression methods, and so does not often edit well.

My Muvipix.com YouTube tutorial will take you through the process of converting the video to an editable form.

Fixing video with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that did not work. There is still no commentary in the video in adobe premiere. The orange line is gone, but that's it, no commentary. Thanks for trying to help though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by 'commentary'?

Are you talking about the audio?

Does it play both audio and video when you play it in the free download VLC Media Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have no idea what you mean by "commentary", so I'm not sure we can offer any more specific help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean by commentary is my voice in the video. The elgato has a gameplay audio and commentary audio. When i record they get recorded together but for some reason when I put the clip into adobe it ignores my voice audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can hear it when played on the VLC Media Player?

When you used Handbrake to convert the file, which audio settings did you select?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can hear it on any other program i use. I didnt change the audio settings, so its all the default settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know what the default settings are, since they'd be based on your original video.

Try converting the file again. This time, go under the Audio tab and set the Codec to AC3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines