• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No output sound

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New PC, new fresh DL of APE just right now.  There is no sound when I play the timeline.  If I double click the video in Project Assets, I hear the sound. If I click the file in Windows Explorer I hear the sound.  When I go to >Preferences>Audio Hardware, the Default Output is my computer speakers (that I can hear fine otherwise.  Preferences>Audio Output Mapping shows my computer speakers but there are no changeable options that I can tell. . I've rebooted too.   Also, I exported the file to .MP4 and played the video w VideoLAN and there is no sound. 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is input set to none in the Preferences>Audio Hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's set to the same as my output, which is the Logitech Zone Hireless Headset.  I tried this with output as well and both don't work.   Any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shoot this is really frustrating. I was on hold w tech support chat for like 20 min and finally I gave up when they no longer responded. 2020-01-09_15-47-20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear you tried "None" for Default Audio Input.  Can't explain why, but it often works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I did try this and it didn't work.   I did discover something that may be interesting for others.  I opened the project file which was originally created on someone else's computer.   The sound played fine on that computer.  But no sound, regardless of the audio setting in Preferences on my PC.  What I did was create a brand new project file on my PC, loaded the content and it worked fine.  I am not sure if this is a bug or what but clearly, my sound is working fine when I create the file to begin with on my PC.  

On another note, I have to say that I am disappointed with Adobe's Customer Support.  I bought this product on this very day and waited on the phone for over 40 min and still was not able to speak to a support tech.  Sad. 

On another note, 2020-01-09 16.32.35.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines