Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No picture when importing video to Premiere Elements 7

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have imported videos in different file formats (MP3, MP4, AVI) to Premiere Elements 7. But non of them is working. I can hear the tone/audio but the picture is missing. I found an answer in a forum to a similar question where they said that the graphic card needs to be switched off. So I tried this but it still didn't work.
How can I make an imported video file in Premiere Elements work?
Thank you so much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere Elements 7 is a very old version of the program that was not built to operate with modern formats, like MP4. There are also a number of components that the program needs to activate but which are no longer connected to their online activators.

AVIs are also too general a file format to know if they're an issue, since there are literally thousands of variations of AVIs. Premiere Elements 7 is designed pretty much to operate with the DV version of AVIs (video captured over a FireWire connection from a miniDV camcorder) and tape-based HDV video.

You also need to have Quicktime 7 or greater installed in order for the program to work with a number of formats.

Do you have Quicktime installed? What is your operating system? What processor do you have with how much RAM?

Meantime, try installing the free trial of Premiere Elements 2018 and see if it does what you need. Even if you decide ultimately not to buy version 2018, installing it might install the necessary components to make version 7 function.

Maybe. As I've said, version 7 is over a decade old, and that's a lifetime in the world of technology. Most of the formats it was designed to edit no longer exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines