• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Playback(Premiere Elements 16)

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started, Elements 16, fully updated as well as Windows and all hardware drivers. When I hit play, the program freezes. I have to use task manager to shut it down. Looking at the forums here there was a post about changing the audio hardware - I tried that - to no avail. I need this working as I have 2 projects to complete.

Pretty frustrating!

This is an i7 computer with 32GB of ram, ssds and 7200 RPM drives - its not a computer issue....

Please help.

Title was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no way to contact Adobe support directly concerning this issue? I cannot find anywhere to even contact support. May be time to stop using Adobe products......and start seeking other solutions. I cannot afford to have software I paid for not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course there is. Just follow the link to Chat with tech support.

Contact Customer Care​

Adobe offers support for current versions of the program.

Since this is version 2018, however, you may need work with fellow users on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikekay,

Sorry to hear that. Playback performance is dependent on multiple factors which include system specifications, project's complexity, media file properties, etc. Have you contacted phone/chat support team? If not, would you like to troubleshoot the issue here?

I have a few questions which will help the investigation:

• Have you tested the issue on a different project with a new media file?
  • Which graphics card is installed on your computer?

Additionally, please check out this article: Run Premiere Elements at optimal performance levels It shares the best practices to optimize the performance which will definitely make the playback better.

(It was published in 2016 but the points mentioned will be helpful with any version that you are using).

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i tried different files to no avail. The graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1070 with 8gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Did you check the article that I mentioned above? Did it help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a full optimization of this computer, far beyond the article. The only thing I have not done is clear the cache and will try that when I get home. My specs far far are beyond the stated specs. I am starting to suspect a driver issue having just installed the latest Nvidea driver, and will try rolling that back. I was NOT able to get through to Adobe via the chat - just sat there forever waiting to connect.

Thank you for your help. I used to use Premiere Pro and NEVER had an issue like this. I think I will go back to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help out there!!!!

I cannor find a folder called %appdata/adobe/common - to clean cache. View hidden folders is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is your source video coming from?

Open your source video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report that is generated and paste it to this forum. It could well be that the specs of your video are not compatible with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source video came from my video rig...recorded as an mp4 file of which i have edited dozens of times the same format from other shows, up to this week, when play just stopped working.

Thanks for posting. I have an install to do today, so will post results evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a couple of odd reports on this forum that the Audio Hardware settings can go wrong and slow the real time editing to a crawl. 

Try going to Preferences > Audio Hardware and change the settings.  "None" is a good choice for Default Input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the first thing I tried....but I will try again. Client I am working for is getting pissed at the delay. Gotta either find a fix or drop Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines