• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound after installing some .mpg files

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie with Premiere Elements. I am importing multiple file types to make a family year end video and 6 of the files don't have any sound track after importing. They are all .mpg video files. Other .mpg files that were shot directly before and after these files import correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded one of the files I am having trouble with.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

This looks like a DVD file. An old one too, since it uses the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Or is this video by any chance from a JVC Everio camcorder?

Anyway, I tried importing the video file into Premiere Elements 2021 and it indeed imports without any sound -- and not even a sound track! So I'm not sure what's going on.

Though strangely when I ran the file through Handbrake and converted it to an MP4, it worked perfectly in the program.

So whatever is going on is apparently related to something in the fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you usingon what operating system?

Open one of your problem MPEGs in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and paste the text of that report to this forum. With all of this information we'll be better able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Here's the info you requested:

System:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model h8-1520t
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Media Info text file:

General Complete name             : C:\Users\John\Pictures\Family Videos\20141011104312.mpg Format                    : MPEG-PS File size                 : 23.6 MiB Duration                  : 23 s 423 ms Overall bit rate mode     : Constant Overall bit rate          : 8 469 kb/s Video ID                        : 224 Format                    : MPEG Video Format version            : Version 2 Format profile            : Main Format level              : Main Format settings, BVOP     : Yes Format settings, Matrix   : Default Format settings, GOP      : M=3, N=15 Format settings, picture  : Frame Duration                  : 23 s 423 ms Bit rate mode             : Constant Bit rate                  : 7 916 kb/s Maximum bit rate          : 8 000 kb/s Width                     : 720 pixels Height                    : 480 pixels Display aspect ratio      : 4:3 Frame rate                : 29.970 FPS Standard                  : NTSC Color space               : YUV Chroma subsampling        : 4:2:0 Bit depth                 : 8 bits Scan type                 : Interlaced Scan order                : Bottom Field First Compression mode          : Lossy Bits/(Pixel*Frame)        : 0.764 Time code of first frame  : 00:00:00:00 Time code source          : Group of pictures header GOP, Open/Closed          : Open GOP, Open/Closed of first : Closed Stream size               : 22.1 MiB (93%) Audio ID                        : 189-128 Format                    : AC-3 Format/Info               : Audio Coding 3 Commercial name           : Dolby Digital Format settings           : Big Muxing mode               : DVD-Video Duration                  : 23 s 423 ms Bit rate mode             : Constant Bit rate                  : 384 kb/s Channel(s)                : 2 channels Channel layout            : L R Sampling rate             : 48.0 kHz Frame rate                : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF) Compression mode          : Lossy Stream size               : 1.07 MiB (5%)

If you need anything else to help me solve my problem let me know.
Thanks,
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a DVD file. An old one too, since it uses the 4:3 aspect ratio.

Or is this video by any chance from a JVC Everio camcorder?

Anyway, I tried importing the video file into Premiere Elements 2021 and it indeed imports without any sound -- and not even a sound track! So I'm not sure what's going on.

Though strangely when I ran the file through Handbrake and converted it to an MP4, it worked perfectly in the program.

So whatever is going on is apparently related to something in the formatting of the file itself.

I'd recommend you convert it to an MP4 using the free download Handbrake. That's the easiest solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Steve,

Thanks for the help, that worked great. I'm not sure what it was filmed with, I got it from my son-in-law and I don;t remember what he was using back then. I just upgraded to Premiere Elements 2021 for my video editing software so I was worried when it wouldn't work with some of my files.

I figured there was a way to make it work and you came to my rescue.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines