• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on playback. sound works when i export video. tried mp3 and other video files. no sound

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I am using Premier Elements 2019. I used to be able to hear sound during playback but one day it stopped. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro version 1903. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 six core processor 3.70 GHz. 16 GB of ram. I import MP4 files and edit them. During playback I hear no audio even though when the clips play, the audio visual waves are moving. I can only hear the audio after I have exported the video from Premier Elements. This issue has been going on for months but I can still edit videos. It hasn't been a total back breaker but I haven't been able to figure it out on my own. There is no error message and I have gone on youtube and did what I could to the audio hardware settings and my system settings. I try to play the audio through my monitor or headphones. Never works. Below is a link that has my screen shot of the trouble shooting I have done. Nothing seems to be muting and the audio is there, I just cant listen to any audio during playback in Premier Elements. I have also tried to import MP3 and other video files that arent MP4 to see if that was the issue. But I cannot hear audio on playback for any type of file. I would appreciate anyone's help.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Hc7NVhv

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know you say you've tried this already but go to the Edit menu and open Preferences. Go to the Audio Hardware page and try a couple of different settings for your input and output. That nearly always fixes this issue.

USB microphones and headphones sometimes change these settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines