Exit

No sound with AC3 audio in PE2019

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Elements 2019
Windows 10 Home version 1809

Problem as above. In related answers to this kind of problem the answer has been that the support has been moved to the OS and that it should work in Windows 10.
IT DOES NOT !
Microsoft states that there is no AC3 filter support for IA-64 !!!
This is probably the reason. So now we are forced to use a video converter. AARGH !!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think something else may be causing you trouble.  I have Windows 10 version 1809 and Premiere Elements 2019.  I have AVCHD video from a Panasonic camera that uses AC-3 audio.  I'm having no difficulty.

Can we start with a screen shot of your Audio Hardware Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely not the audio hardware settings. If I convert the audio in the files to MP3 everything is OK so in principle I have a solution but this is something that PE2019 should handle. The problem occurs with .VOB files that were extracted from tapes from a very old video camera by a photo store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Premiere Elements should handle and actually handles may be different.  All the Adobe marketing for the product is aimed at people that make home movies using media captured by common cameras.  For that it works very well.

Myself and a few others that enjoy this stuff may be able to help find a way to make it work.

-Can you post a screen shot of the Premiere Elements Audio Hardware preferences?

-Can you use the free Mediainfo program and post what the "tree" looks like?

-Can you share a clip via DropBox or similar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines