• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Viewing in editting mode and no stopping premiere element

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cn0xxx. It runs on Windows 10 and I keep it updated.

While using Premiere Elemets 2018, I noticed that I did not give any sound. All the settings seemed to be ok and other app’s did produce sound.

After a web search I decided to re-install Premiere Element 2018. When I use Premiere now, I cannot start viewing the film while in the editing mode.

So I looked for updates from Windows and installed them, I re-installed Premiere again and I checked all the HP upodates. No improvement.

After installing you latest update this morning I noticed a difference in memory usage.

Situation now:

-        I cannot view the film while in the editing mode (pressing “SPACE” does not work)

-        Quiting Premiere does not work; when I want to stop the app, I have to do it in the Windows processes screen by ending the Adobe app.

-        When I create a MP4, the end product is ok; sound and picture.

Can you help me with these problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can try to help but these situations are never easy. 

Premiere Elements does not edit every form of footage.  It is targeted an mainstream consumer cameras.  Where is your footage from?  Can you provide a screen shot of a "Tree" view from the free MediaInfo program?  MediaInfo

The usual problems include the computer itself.  Can you provide more about the processor, memory and disc space?

Premiere Elements runs well on most machines but can get hung up with graphics drivers.  Is yours current?

Sometimes performance drags due to settings in preferences.  Can you provide screen shots of the General and Audio Hardware pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bill says, we can't solve a mystery without any clues.

What processor does you laptop have and with how much RAM?

Open a sample of the video you're trying to edit in the free  download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates to this forum. Once we know these specs we'll be in a better position to advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

birkk7742466  wrote

Did you find a fix for this? I'm having the exact same issue.

Birk,

The topic is only a few hours old.  We aren't there yet!

Would you please start a topic with a different topic tile, maybe "Editing Issues".  I ask because to get it sorted out there is usually a number of questions and answers that go back and forth. 

To do two users with different computers in the same topic gets way to confusing. 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try after switching off Intel Hardware Acceleration. Uncheck this option under Edit > Preferences > General category, then close Premiere Elements. Re-launch Premiere Elements, and import those clips. This is not a full-proof solution, but just a workaround. Also, please share the mediainfo details using the tool from MediaInfo - Download

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines