• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOOB HELP! Elements main media missing. Media Off-Line message.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the text and sound effects/sound bytes are there, but the main video is not.

I've got the Media Off-Line red fill across my entire video.

I'm a 37 year-old Father editing his daughter's YouTube videos.  Any honest help would be more than appreciated.  I don't know what I'm doing.  It's the main video/audio that's blocked, not all the additional things.

Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound like the project can't find the video files. You can relink them. See the page below for how:

Relinking offline media in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I'm doing.

Solve that as a first step.  It's difficult to do any job well without the appropriate knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the media on an external hard drive that is either not connected or doesn't have a fixed drive letter assigned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'm a 37 year-old Father editing his daughter's YouTube videos.  Any honest help would be more than appreciated."

You might save yourself a lot of time and trouble if you watch this 8 part series. 

Basic Training for Premiere Elements 2019, Part 1 of 8 - YouTube

The same author, Steve Grisetti, has a thoroughly expanded version on Linda.com which is available through many (maybe most!) public library systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines