Highlighted

Noob: Importing 5.1 Audio from Handbrake

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to import my camcorder 5.1 audio into PE '20, which MediaInfo is showing having an audio format of AC-3 and a commercial name of Dolby Digital, but my movies converted in Handbrake with the same audio format are not able to import as 5.1 audio. I do see that the coded ID is different, the camcorder using 129 and Handbrake using ac-3, so does that make all the difference? The whole reason why I'm exploring PE'20 is to rip and edit my own movies while preserving the quality of the original. Thoughts?

FYI, I've tried a bunch of passthrough and down mixing options in Handbrake, all with the same result of not recognizing the 5.1 audio.

TOPICS
Audio, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Noob: Importing 5.1 Audio from Handbrake

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to import my camcorder 5.1 audio into PE '20, which MediaInfo is showing having an audio format of AC-3 and a commercial name of Dolby Digital, but my movies converted in Handbrake with the same audio format are not able to import as 5.1 audio. I do see that the coded ID is different, the camcorder using 129 and Handbrake using ac-3, so does that make all the difference? The whole reason why I'm exploring PE'20 is to rip and edit my own movies while preserving the quality of the original. Thoughts?

FYI, I've tried a bunch of passthrough and down mixing options in Handbrake, all with the same result of not recognizing the 5.1 audio.

TOPICS
Audio, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2020 0

Have something to add?