Highlighted

Normalise mutes clips in PE 2020 on a Mac

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I normalise a clip in PE 2020 then volume level is set to -96db (i.e. silent) on most tracks when running PE 2020 under MacOS Catalina. Any tracks that have been recorded e.g. on an iPhone or other mobile phone do this as do tracks such as an imported YouTube clip. Is this a known fault or am I missing a trick here?

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Normalise mutes clips in PE 2020 on a Mac

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I normalise a clip in PE 2020 then volume level is set to -96db (i.e. silent) on most tracks when running PE 2020 under MacOS Catalina. Any tracks that have been recorded e.g. on an iPhone or other mobile phone do this as do tracks such as an imported YouTube clip. Is this a known fault or am I missing a trick here?

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you be more specific about the steps you are taking to 'normalize'?   Screenshots might help too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recorded a short video to show what happens when I select a clip and then attempt to normalise.

[video]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You video displays small on my screen but I tried your procedure.  Mine didn't jump to -90.   My guess is that there is something in the audio codec from you clips that is not being processed well.   You may have to use different technique to edit the audio.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
plusmore LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click on the video it will be run larger, the media is in Apple MOV format

2020-10-03_23-04-15.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0