• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OK, the last couple of months my Premiere Elements 11 has been acting up after giving me no trouble.

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After no trouble for years, my Premiere Elements 11 has been acting up the last couple of months. At first when I opened it it said my driver was incompatible & needed to be upgraded and wouldn't open either and also froze my PC. OK, so I click on driver to check for updates, and I am told the most recent & best update has been applied. I have Windows 10 (not sure the version off-hand but just upgraded it. My display driver is AMD. OK, I then go to the AMD site, I take off the old driver and install their new version since the Elements message told me to upgrade my driver. It works and burns videos but when I close the program and sign-off my PC , when I sign back on and open it I got the same message again & had to repeat the whole cycle. Now, I had disabled the driver because even the updated AMD procedure didn't work after a while. I was able and am able to put a video together on the timeline and it opens, saves, but when I go to burn I get a message I had before that I have a transcoding error & need to go to a link (which doesn;t work) and get a key to use the burn feature!!!! WTH!  HELP anyone! (I would upgrade but don't have enough room on my PC for the new version of it.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You version of Premiere Elements hasn't changed.  It was coded long ago in computer time.  Too much has changed, including Windows versions and graphics drivers.  Unfortunately, old versions of Premiere Elements will only grow more unreliable as time goes on.   The newest version has a free trial but requires payment for a licensed copy.  If the price makes it unfeasible, the video editor that is part of Windows 10 has become pretty good!   Also unfortunate is that projects from old versions are not safely opened in new versions of Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is just that I don;t havr the RAM for the 2021 version. What video editor in windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells me I have to activate this component for MPEG 2 to activate the burn feature- lists a serial number that I am supposed to enter on a link www.adobe.com/go/premiereel_encoder and it will give me the key which I can then type in the box on the premiere element site to use it. The link does nothing but gives me a 404 error when I click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It tells me I have to activate this component for MPEG 2 to activate the burn feature- lists a serial number that I am supposed to enter on a link www.adobe.com/go/premiereel_encoder and it will give me the key which I can then type in the box on the premiere element site to use it. The link does nothing but gives me a 404 error when I click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Bill, but did you see my other question? I had tried to upload the image but am having problems. Please respond once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this product is killing any kind of high end desktop pc . is borderline unusable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link does nothing but gives me a 404 error when I click on it.

That mpeg activation site has been shut down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Well, it is just that I don;t havr the RAM for the 2021 version. What video editor in windows 10?"

It is called "Photos".  After you open it, there is a menu choice for "Video Editor".   A neighbor needed some help and I was surprised at how good it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"this product is killing any kind of high end desktop pc . is borderline unusable"

I've not had your experience.  I've used Premiere Elements since version 9 on three different laptops.  I'm currently using a $1000 Lenevo from a big box store and having no trouble with UHD ("4K") footage.  It works very well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines