• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Firewire Download

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premier Elements 13 and just installed an old fire wire card to download some old films from my first camcorder from 17 years ago a Panasonic NV-DS11.  They are miniDV tapes.

In Device Manager I have my 1394 OHCI compliant host controller set to legacy and updated drivers and I can see this camcorder named under Imaging Devices with drivers updated............But when I try to use Adobe Premier to download videos from the camcorder via fire wire connection I cannot get Adobe Premier to see the camera.

Also the camera is seen in 'Device Manage' but I can not see it listed in 'My Computer'.

I am on Windows7 64bit.

Camera switched on and plays back perfectly in camera screen.

Can somebody shed some light on this please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements can not capture from tape-based miniDV and HDV video camcorders. That feature was removed in version 12.

You can capture your video using the free downloads WinDV (for miniDV) and HDV Split (for HDV) and the video will be editable in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks steve I have been trying for hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download (HDV Split software) to capture video on my iMac running High Seirra OS? I never realized 2020 Elements wouldn't support capture! Thanks & hopeful I can capture DV video for editting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HDV split is windows and hdv video only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines