• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Only fit for people with Autism

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many years ago I bought Potato Shop Elements.  It was alright and was easily understood without resorting to tutorials.  There was an offer of a Premiere Elements v9 for a few pounds more so I bought that as well.  (They rely on your anxiety whispering in your ear in order to get you to shop more.)

I never used the latter and a lot of years passed.  Then, recently, I recorded a Victoria Derbyshire program on which I had two emails read out.  I wanted to tidy up the beginning and the end of the program so got the Premiere out.  It doesn't stand to reason and there is no way of working out how it works from just trying likely moves.  I ended up downloading a tutorial .pdf.  This bore little relation to the program it was talking about.  You were left stumped after the first few pages.  So I went back to the program and tried to work it out.  I was presented with numerous options for what the tutorial meant.

I haven't got three months to spend on working out how this program works.  I haven't got the time to try out different possibilities.  I've got other things to do.  So, I've given up on the whole thing.  Programmers have the intelligence to deal with technical coding but have a tenth of the intelligence when it comes to describing what they've done for the benefit of customers!  They don't have that part of intelligence which understands what other people understand of what you are saying or what you have produced.  They have no understanding of people whatsoever.  I.e. they're autistic.  The managers of the Adobe Group have, likewise, no understanding of the fact that there is a problem.  I regard Adobe as having successfully scammed me with this gormless program.

So now I'm going to delete this program from my system and never bother with it again.  I won't be bothering with this forum again so as to avoid clever people or Adobe employees telling me that if they could understand the program why can't I.  I supposed the answer to that is that I haven't got the time to do more than read the tutorials, which in this case are ambiguous.  Adobe has just written another impossible to comprehend video editor as have hundreds of other firms.  And you can't even email them.

Technical half wits!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the post!  "Potato Shop ElementsI"  That's perfect.  I got a good laugh because I had the same issues.  Video editing was upside down to anything I had ever done.  It made no sense.  Then I took a two day class and it all became clear!

Good luck with any future projects and other video editing systems!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines