• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OSX update and Premiere Elements 12

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my Mac with the latest High Sierra version (10.13.6). I was near completion of a 15 minute video and now my .prel file will not open. I have 5  autosaved files that give me the same error messages as well. I can create new video projects just not open this one I've spent so much time on. Is there anything that can be done ? Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 3.08.31 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Sierra, Mac systems have been having problems with these programs. (I run them on El Capitan with no problems at all.) I'm just not sure what to recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie,

I run PRE on High Sierra 10.13.6 with no problems. What I found with videos around the same length (that I develop for my YouTube channel http://bit.ly/2iHwtwF) is that if I turn off every other program on my Mac, everything works ok. What might work is the following:

1. Close all your programs and launch PRE

2. Create a small project of about a minute or so.

3. Save the project and close PRE

4. Turn off your computer; start up your Mac again and start up PRE (Do not open any other programs)

If you still have the same problem; then it's something between your version of PRE and your computer and/or OSX. If it works, keep increasing the size of the project until you get the error again and see the last element you added to your project to find the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Williebegoode! I'll certainly give it a try and let you know how it goes.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can create a new video in Premiere and it opens again when I reboot but, sadly, it will not open my old one video .prel (by old I mean as of 2 days ago). Trying not to loose 20 hours of work here......but doesn't look good. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines