• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PAL and NTSC DVDs

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am us ing PE 2020 trial version and find it complicated and confusing. I was used to PE11. I have burned a DVD of a project as MPEG2-DVD on a DVD+RW disc using Windows 10 on my computer with PE2020. I looked up the properties and the format is NTSC, so that should play OK on a TV in the USA, where I live..

But I want to send DVDs to my friends in the UK, and I do not see a way to burn my project in PAL format. Please help. I don't like PE 2020 as much as PE11.

Do I still even need to format DVDs for the UK in PAL or is MPEG2-DVD universal?

I looked at the posts concerning PAL and NTSC but did not find them helpful. Norman

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're currently in a Photoshop Elements forum; asking the Premiere Elements user group might be a better bet.  I hope this PE post also helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will keep that in mind the next time I have a problem. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

See the figure below.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with converting an NTSC video to PAL is the frame rate (30 vs. 25).  Something always gets lost in the translation.  If I were you, I would ask your friends on the other side whether their DVD players can accept an NTSC disc.  As I understand it, most DVD players in Europe can accept NTSC formatted discs. 

I'm not even sure that Premiere Elements can convert the frame rate of a project, so I will move this thread to the Premiere Elements forum where you are likely to get better information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.pngI don't know how to test and verify it, but the settings are there to create a PAL output with a change to the frame rate.   You might then be able to put the output in new project and burn a PAL disc.  But, I think that would depend on the disc burner's capabilities.  

A far easier way to share across borders is with YouTube, Vimeo or similar.  Discs were great when the best we had was a postal system with envelopes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree times have changed, but my friends have not. They are tech dinasaurs. Thanks for the information about the frame rate. I think I will just send them NTSC discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best is to send the dvd in NTSC format.

DVD players in Europe can play NTSC dvd without any problem.

Dont convert ntsc to pal as this will give you bad playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann, thanks. I will do that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"DVD players in Europe can play NTSC dvd without any problem."

Good to know.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines