Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pan & Zoom issue

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! (newbie editor here)

The last few days I am experiencing an issue with the pan and zoom tool. When I try to zoom in in a video or a freeze frame, i can preview it but when I hit the "done" button the program crashes and I must "force quit" it. Some days ago it worked fine.

I am using the adobe premiere elements on a mac book pro (early 2016), meeting the requirements, on an OS High Sierra and latest premiere update installed.

What to do?

Thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without more detailed information. ("Meeting requirements" doesn't give us much to work with, as far as your system's power and capacity.)

But first I'd try resizing any photos you are going to use in Premiere Elements to 2500x1875 pixels (at 72 ppi) and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer Steve!

2,9GHz Intel Core i5

8GB RAM 1867 MHz DDR3

Intel  Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

SSD with 200GB free

Are you talking about my video files shot with a go pro hero 5 at 1080p (1920x1080 pixels, 16:9 aspect ratio)?

How should I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue on a Mac Mini with a 2.3GHz i7 and 16 GB RAM running 10.13.2.  Your suggestion of downsizing the image to 2500x1875@72 seems to have fixed it!  Pan & Zoom is working again!

EDIT:  It worked once and is crashing again.  Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you're using the Pan & Zoom tool on video rather than a photo? That's a whole different ball game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done it successfully both in videos and freeze frames in the past (about two weeks ago).

With my new project shot with the same camera, same resolution (framerate varies, but does not exeed 120fps)  and edited in the same computer, when i try to pan and zoom, the adobe premiere elements crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue on late 2015 macbook pro. macos 10.13.2 and 2.2 ghz i7 with iris. Really sad that adobes latest elements release cant even do a simple pan and zoom, the most basic of effects. will be going back to my old video editor soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesk68159403  wrote

Really sad that adobes latest elements release cant even do a simple pan and zoom, the most basic of effects. will be going back to my old video editor soon.

I have 2018.  P&Z works on my computer with stills, HD and 4K. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never have any problems either -- on my Windows 10 nor on my Mac OSX El Capitan. (Beyond Sierra, Mac OS gets notoriously iffier.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines