• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parts of PE-13 suddenly missing

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premier Elements 13 on a 15-month-old iMac with Mac-OS Mojave 10.14.6 installed.

Last night it was all working fine.  This morning some aspects of PE are not working. For example, I cannot select or move images in the screen above the timeline.  If I click on the Applied Effects button to the right of the screen only a blank white panel appears.

There is some evidence that the computer underwent a restart during the night although I had not planned on one.  In fact, when the usual reminder appeared yesterday about updates being available, I clicked on the 'Remind me tomorrow' option.

In any case, it is now no longer practical to edit a video.  Any ideas what can have gone wrong and what I can do to remedy it?  Could Time Machine help (I've never used it before)? Should I reintall PE13 or buy an updated version?  Try anything else?  My thanks for any help you can offer.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first stop would be the uninstall and reinstall the software. (You won't lose any work in progress.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I shall try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines