• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PE 11 and Windows 7--no video preview

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE 11 and running Windows 7 and just had the common issue of an incompatibility error pop up when I opened PE 11. So does my editor partner on his laptop with the same specs. We have successfully used PE 11 for a while now and then got this message. I updated my graphics driver and deleted the baddrivers.txt file and the error screen has gone away but the program will load all different formats of video and the preview window turns white and the audio plays. I've updated codecs. I'm at a loss. Any ideas out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 11 is old by computer standards.  You wrote that you and your partner have successfully used the program "for a while".  The program didn't change, so something in you computer changed.   Errors like you've recieved may indicate pending hardware failures. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try older video drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

Try older video drivers.

Matching the age of the computer and software with the age of the video driver makes good sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi alexlm,

Thanks for reaching out. Getting no preview during playback is usually affected because of the graphics card.

• Please share your system specifications(RAM, GPU, etc)
  • Did you try the suggestion shared by @Peru Bob?
  • Did you test the issue with a different project?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines